Thank you for your interest in Washington Internal Medicine. We are accepting new patients at this time. Your body and mind needs care throughout life. May ailments can be undiagnosed for years and cause serious damage to vitals organs over time. It is important to routinely visit your doctor for physicals, preventive care and chronic disease management. Many medications can affect your liver and kidneys and cell counts and require routine monitoring of blood counts and chemistry. Cancer screening is vital for certain cancers in both men and women and have been proven to lower mortality. Maintaining your health and wellness can seem like a complex and overwhelming task. That is why encourage every individual to have a Primary Care Physician, PCP. With years of training in primary care and hospital medicine in Internal Medicine your PCP can counsel and guide you to a comprehensive health and wellness plan.
Reason To Have a PCP:
- Everyone should have a Primary Care Physician, PCP.
- Your PCP will monitor your overall health and well-being during your entire life.
- Your PCP is familiar with your medical history which helps with treatments and management of chronic conditions. Your PCP is much less expensive than receiving non-emergency care in an emergency room or urgent care setting.
- Your PCP can recommend other medical specialists if necessary and plays a central role in coordinating a comprehensive care plan.
- Your PCP can perform annual routine screenings and assess any changes that need to be addressed.
If you have any questions regarding your first visit, please don’t hesitate to call us at (703) 436-9969.