Immigration Physicals

When you apply for a green card (adjustment of status) in the United States, you usually need to have a medical examination. The exam must be completed by a doctor who is authorized by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). A civil surgeon is a doctor who is certified by the USCIS to perform the medical exam required for most Green Card applicants.

What To Bring To The Exam

Bring the following to your medical exam:

  • Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record
  • Government-issued photo identification, such as a valid passport or driver’s license. If you are 14 years old or younger, bring identification that shows your name, date and place of birth and parent’s full name. Possible forms of identification include your birth certificate (with an English translation) or an affidavit.
  • Single Side Printed Form I-693 and complete Parts 1 to 4 (Do Not Sign).  Please bring an envelop with mailing and return addresses written on the envelop.  Plus bring all supporting evidence you may need to submit with your Form I-693.  Please put the applicant’s family name and given name on each page of the application.  We are required to seal the envelop after certification/signature of Form I-693 and any tampering or opening the seal will cause the application to be rejected.
  • Vaccination or immunization record (such as DT, DTP, DTaP, Td, Tdap, OPV, IPV, MMR, Hib, hepatitis A, hepatitis B, varicella, pneumococcal influenza, rotavirus and meningococcal disease)
  • The cost of the immigration physical at our office is $350 per individual.  Any additional vaccine that you may require are not covered under the immigration physical and will be subject to additional fees.  For details on fee schedule please refer to our pricing page

During The Exam

The doctor completes a comprehensive examination that will include a review of your medical history, a physical examination and possibly blood work. The doctor may also test for communicable diseases such as tuberculosis, syphilis, and gonorrhea.

After the exam, the doctor will complete Form I-693 and seal the form in an envelope for you to submit to USCIS.  Make sure you get a copy of the completed Form I-693 for your personal records before the doctor seals the envelope.  USCIS will not accept the form if the envelope has been opened or altered.